Sandy Prigg, Program Manager
At A Glance …
- Transportation for non-drivers was identified as critical to a person’s independence in the 2008 Senior Needs Study
- WTG! Provides essential rides for Fairfield Residents within Fairfield Glade, Crossville, and Cookeville
- Prescheduled rides are given by friendly, courteous drivers M – F from 7am to 4pm, excluding holidays
- $6 round trip personalized, door to door service for FG residents
- Over 50 volunteer drivers who are Fairfield Glade residents have driven their own cars over 100,000 miles – Neighbors Driving Neighbors
About Way To Go
FGRS is pleased to offer the “Way to Go!” (WTG!) Transportation Program. This service is based on volunteers providing essential rides to Fairfield Glade residents – “Neighbors Driving Neighbors”.
Fairfield Glade Residents can join the program for $25 and receive transportation for just $6 per ride. To qualify, residents must be at least 60 years old, do not drive, or have a medical condition that prevents them from driving.
This door to door transportation service is available for Fairfield Glade residents Monday thru Friday from 7am to 4pm. “Essential” rides such as doctors’ appointments, shopping, beauty and barber shop, banks, attorneys, accountants, and pharmacies are only $6 per round trip. The area of service includes Fairfield Glade, Crossville, and medical in Cookeville.
To join the program, please visit our volunteers needed page and download a volunteer application. Bring your application to our office and we will schedule you for a volunteer orientation. You can jump to our volunteers needed page by clicking here.
Our mission is to provide affordable, dependable, senior friendly volunteer transportation to Fairfield Glade residents who meet the program membership requirements.
At the core of the program are volunteer drivers who utilize their personal vehicles to take the riders on their scheduled rides. Volunteer drivers are Fairfield Glade residents who drive their own vehicles and have been “vetted” and trained to safely transport senior residents.
If you have any Questions, call “Way To Go” at (931) 200-4580 Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM till 4:00PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org .