FGRS Update – Covid 19 – on March 22, 2020
Fairfield Glade Resident Services (FGRS) hopes that you are well and staying safely at home. With the second case of Covid 19 showing up in Cumberland County we must be even more vigilant.
FGRS has some Programs still running which are felt to be essential to our clients:
- Prescription Delivery from Kroger Pharmacy in the Glade and CVS in Crossville is working well. Please call your pharmacist and tell them you would like FGRS to deliver your prescriptions.
- Home Delivered Meals is at its maximum as far as clients that have signed up. We apologize but our supplier can only handle so many meals per day. There are Grocers who are delivering groceries. (Krogers for instance)
- Caring Connections is working via telephone. If you are in need please call.
- Way to Go Transportation is still operating but due to many cancellations, by clients, the number of rides given have diminished greatly. If you have a Doctor’s appointment, please talk to you physician and make sure it is a mandatory appointment and not routine. Check to make sure their office is still open and what security and/or safe procedures they have instituted to minimize the possible exposure of you and your driver to Covid 19.
Important Telephone numbers:
- Prescription Delivery – call your pharmacist
- Home Delivered Meals – (931) 335-9945
- Way To Go – (931) 200-4580
- Caring Connections – (616) 481-8454
- FGRS Office – (931) 456-7272
The office remains closed and Telephone Book distribution is on hold.
Thank you and stay safe
Fairfield Glade Resident Services Response to COVID 19
In these difficult times FGRS must respond to the potential health issues which faces our Community, County, State, and Country.
Fairfield Glade with its senior population will be vulnerable if this virus appears here. It will be almost impossible to prevent that, so we must take steps to limit its presence and effects. It is an accepted fact that many of us will never even know if we contracted it, but many of our population are at high risk with advanced age, heart problems, respiratory problems, or diabetes. Therefore, it is the opinion of FGRS that we must help by following the recommended guidelines established by our governmental agencies.
FGRS understands that some of our Programs are vital to our residents. These Programs, Home Delivered Meals, Way to Go Transportation, and Caring Connections will remain operating but perhaps on a somewhat restricted basis or changes in protocol. All other Programs will be put on temporary hold for the near future and be re-instituted when felt safe to do so.
Please be advised that during this time, FGRS has instituted a new program called Prescription Delivery. This program is for those under mandatory or self-imposed quarantine. Talk to your Pharmacist. If you qualify and payment is made via phone, FGRS will deliver your Rx to your home free of charge. Not all Pharmacies have agreed to this, but the list is growing. Check with your Pharmacist and see if FGRS can help.
The FGRS Office will be closed to public traffic. The doors will be locked. You may see essential volunteers inside, but they will be instructed to not answer the door. If you need FGRS assistance, please call (931)456-7272 and leave a message. If you are calling about Home Delivered Meals, Way to Go, or Caring Connections, please call the appropriate number listed below.
- Home Delivered Meals: (931)335-9945
- Way to Go (931)200-4580
- Caring Connections (616)481-8454
PHONE BOOK distribution will be put on hold till the all clear has been given and the Office opens once again.
By visiting this website, you will be kept up to date on a regular basis as to the status of FGRS and its Programs. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe and remember FGRS is here for you.
Fairfield Glade Resident Services (FGRS) is a non-profit organization chartered by the state of Tennessee and certified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit organization to provide human and social service programs to all residents of our community, especially those who want to stay in their homes as they age.
FGRS was formed by a group of resident volunteers who accepted the challenge and are dedicated to the principle that “Together, we can enhance our quality of life.” We promote, develop and support human and social services that enhance the quality of life for our community’s residents.
FGRS welcomes your donations and appreciates everyone who supports our mission to improve the quality of life for Fairfield Glade residents. To make a donation, please use the PayPal link at the end of this page or visit our Donation page for more details.